Saturday, November 22, 2014

Gifts Aren't Always Under The Tree

More donations came in today, thanks to Mary's hard work. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, jewellry. Every little bit helps. I remember in my first year of recovery I only received one xmas gift. It meant the world to me. I couldn't afford to buy gifts for my family. One of my sponsors gave me some money to buy gifts. I told him I couldn't pay him back. He said, "I just want Bernie to get better and when you get better, buy somebody a big book or something. When you do that, you'll be paying me back."

If you're reading this and you're someone we helped or someone that somebody else helped and you're feeling grateful, do something nice for someone. That's how we make the world a better place, by helping those who are unable to help themselves. And gifts aren't always the ones under the tree. Hope is a precious gift. Kindness is another treasure. And forgiveness. The list goes on and on. Gratitude is not about having everything you want. It's about wanting everything you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment